Bible Verse for Positive Thinking
There are many sources available to find affirmations and quotes that can brighten one’s spirit and provoke positive thinking. One of those sources that people may tend to overlook, is the Bible. Read on and find your favorite Bible verse for positive thinking.
The Bible is full of passages and verses that can provide wisdom and self-worth and should be a tool frequently used by anyone looking for a positive pick me up.
Does the Bible Teach Positive Thinking?
The Bible is a fantastic source to reference when looking for guidance towards happiness and positive thinking. There you will find plenty of self-affirmation texts and plenty of reminders about why you should keep your thoughts uplifted and joyful.
The Bible teaches us that the tongue can often get you into trouble and keeping your mind in a positive space can save you from stepping into a negative light; when you keep your thoughts positive, the body tends to follow.
Bible Verses for Positive Thinking
When you find yourself in a place of negativity and self-doubt, picking up the Bible and reading through the passages is a fantastic way to find yourself and absorb joy and happiness into your thought.
The Bible offers tons of great quotes for positive thinking and below are some of our favorites.
- “Being cheerful keeps you healthy. It is slow death to be gloomy all the time.” [Proverbs 17:22]
- “Anxiety weighs down the heart of a man, but a good word cheers it up.”[ Proverbs 12:25]
- Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. [Philippians 4:8]
- “A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” [Proverbs 17:22]
- “Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.” [Proverbs 16:24]
- “Let the Spirit change your way of thinking.”[ Ephesians 4:23]
- “A happy heart enlightens the face, but a sad heart reflects a broken spirit. A discerning mind seeks knowledge, but the mouth of fools feeds on stupidity. The entire life of the afflicted seems disastrous, but a good heart feasts continuously.” [Proverbs 15:13-15]
- “A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.” [Proverbs 11:25]
MORE VERSES FOR POSITIVE THINKING
- “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.” [psalm 19:14]
- “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; I do not give it to you as the world does. Do not let your hearts be distressed or lacking in courage.” [John 14:27]
- “Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.” [James 1:2-4]
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” [Phil 4:6]
- I can do all this through him who gives me strength. [Philippians 4:13]
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. [Jeremiah 29:11]
- 31” Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, and brawling, and slander, along with every form of malice”. 32 “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you”. [Ephesians 4:31-4:32]
Final Thoughts on Bible Verse for Positive Thinking
The verses listed above are only a handful of the positive thinking quotes that can be found in the Bible. If you ever find yourself feeling sad, angry, or in a negative space, picking up the Bible and reading some of the content on positive thinking will certainly improve your spirits.