New Year’s Affirmations
Often we hear the words New Year’s Resolutions come about sometime in December, but today we want to talk about New Year’s Affirmations.
What is the difference between a resolution and an affirmation? While a resolution is something you are determined to do, an affirmation is a declaration of something that is already true and will undoubtedly happen.
Creating affirmations is willing your changes into existence by already stating them to be true. If you would like to make a real difference in your life this New Year’s, I invite you to create three affirmations for what you want to see, feel, and experience in the coming year.
New Year’s Affirmations Examples
If you are wondering what your affirmations might sound like, here are a few examples of New Year’s Affirmations that will absolutely change your life.
- I am ready for a loving relationship.
- I am beautiful and deserve self-love.
- I treat my body with respect; my health is important to me.
- I am whole as I am.
- I will not let stress rule my life.
- There is no one I’d rather be than myself.
- I can express kindness even to those who I do not get along with.
- I can forgive those who have wronged me.
- I will put into action everything I have learned this year.
- I am the creator of my own happiness.
- I am motivated and excited for the year to come.
- I have the power to complete my goals.
- Even if life becomes complicated, I will remember that it is beautiful.
- I trust that the universe has amazing things in store for me this year.
- I will express my truth, even when it’s hard to do so.
An affirmation can be anything you want or need it to be. It can be incredibly specific or general, and it only needs to matter to you!
How to Put Affirmations into Practice
Affirmations can do a lot to change your life. However, you have to not only believe in them, but you also need to repeat them constantly to yourself and have your actions support your desires.
If you want to make healthier choices, remind yourself every day while you walk around the grocery store, while choosing your lunch, and while you begin an exercise routine that works for you: remember “I am making healthier choices!”
If your affirmation is to show yourself more self-love, you should start every morning by telling yourself how truly wonderful and loved you are. Whether that be in your journal, in the mirror, or even in the car on the way to work. If you forget a day, don’t worry, just get back to it tomorrow!
The important thing is to not become discouraged when life gets in the way. We will all forget for a moment when a stressful day or even hour arrives, but your affirmations are there, waiting for you to come back to.
How to Manifest the Reality You Want
Manifestation is a powerful tool when it comes to creating the life you want to live. In addition to stating your affirmations to yourself every day, you should also create tangible and disciplined ways to commit to your goals.
- Create a vision board. This can be made from collages, paintings, drawings, or even just a large sign that reminds you of your affirmations. Put it up in your room, bathroom, kitchen, office, or even on the visor in your car.
- Commit to your goals. It’s important that your affirmations motivate you to make real and visible changes. Try to do one small thing every day that confirms your affirmation.
- Stay positive. There absolutely will be days when you do not feel motivated, the vision board isn’t helping, and neither are your verbal affirmations. That’s okay! Remember tomorrow is a new day and you are still working towards your goal.
Affirmations work through manifestation and repetition, so keep at it!